Today, I completed my 27th year of life and had time to reflect on what I’ve learnt during this journey so far. On the surface, my life looks remarkably similar to my life in my teens. I’m still traveling and still trying to find my place in the world. Fortunately though, when I take a minute to breathe and properly reflect on things, I can see that deep down so much has changed (in a good way!). The last decade or so has taught me so much – about love, life, simplicity and everything in between – and I’m grateful that I feel more ‘me’ now than ever before.
- Not everyone will like you, and that’s okay (you don’t need to like them either!)
- Save your money. Even if it’s a tiny amount each month, you never know when you’ll need it to fall back on
- It’s totally okay to decline plans because you’d rather spend the evening alone in your pj’s
- Time really does heal everything
- It’s never too late or too early to follow your dreams
- You will never regret a workout
- When buying clothes ask yourself; do I need it? Do I love it? If you don’t feel absolutely wonderful in something then don’t get it
- Do not buy foundation that is darker than your skin tone; that’s what bronzer is for
- Don’t do something because you feel it’s what’s expected of you. Do what will benefit you in your life. You’re living it
- Support others’ achievements and mean it!!!
- Give your mental health the same care and respect that you do your physical health
- Take care of your tribe, because when you go through hard things they’re the ones that will be there for you
- Nothing is quite as good for the soul as seeing the world
What is something life has taught you?
As a thank you for supporting me over this last year, I wanted to give y’all an opportunity to be gifted an Amazon Gift Card! See below for more instructions.